Request for proposals
This page explains how to create and manage a R4P (Request for Proposals) for your event. To create an agenda with talks, you need to first create a R4P where speakers can submit their talks.
Creating a Request for Proposals
To create a Request for Proposals:
- Go to the edit page for your event.
- Select the Request for Proposals tab.
- Click the Create R4P button.
- Fill out the form and click the Save button to create the R4P.
You can introduce the following values in this form:
- Name: Name of the R4P. You can have multiple R4P open for the same event.
- Description: The description of the R4P with the same Markdown syntax used for Event descriptions.
- From and To: The date interval where the R4P will be open for submissions.
- Votes per user and Votes per talk: The number of votes assigned to each member of the selection committee and the maximum number of votes that a member can cast for the same talk.
- Activate notifications: select this checkbox to receive an e-mail with each talk submission.
- Private R4P: select this checkbox to keep the list of proposals hidden until you publish the final agenda. When private is selected, only the author and the event organizer can see the content of each talk.
Get the link to submit proposals
After saving the Request for Proposals, you can start accepting talks at the R4P page. To get the link to the page, click the Get Link button and then click the button with the clipboard icon.
Sending a talk proposal
As a speaker, you can submit your talk from the R4P page:
- Click the Send your proposal button.
Fill the Title and Description of your talk.
Select the Speakers tab, add the speaker details and click the Save button to save your proposal.
After the event
Once the event has taken place, both the speakers and event organizer can:
- Review the feedback (for events with feedback enabled): As a speaker, you can learn from the feedback to improve your presentations. As the event organizer, you can use the feedback to understand better the interests and expectations of the audience.
- Add the slide deck and video recording of the talk. Go to the edit page of the talk and fill out the Slide deck and Video to see them embedded in the agenda. The Video value must be a Youtube URL.