This page explains how to set up ticket classes available for an event. Each ticket class can have different price, availability dates, visibility and other properties. You can also create discount codes to offer special prices to specific groups of users.
Add a ticket class
All events start with a single ticket class with a cost of 10€. To modify this:
- Log into the system
- In the sidebar menu, select Events and click on the name of your event to open the event management page.
In the sidebar menu, select Tickets > Ticket Classes and click the Create Ticket Class button.
Fill out the form and click the Save button.
The following fields are available:
- Name: The name of the ticket class, e.g. “Early Bird”, “Normal”, “VIP”, etc.
- Ticket type: One of “Paid” or “Free”
- Price: The price of the ticket, in the currency of the event. To set to zero, choose a ticket type of “Free”.
- Description: A short description of the ticket class.
- Total tickets: The total number of tickets available for this ticket class. It’s a required field.
- Max. tickets per Account: The maximum number of tickets that a single account can buy. If you want to allow unlimited tickets per account, leave this field empty.
- Start and End Date: The date interval where the ticket class will be available. If you want to make the ticket class available immediately, leave the start date empty.
- Visibility: The visibility of the ticket class. The options are:
- Always: The ticket class will be visible in the ticket selection dialog.
- While Available: The ticket class will only be visible in the ticket selection dialog while it’s available.
- Hidden: The ticket class will not be visible in the ticket selection dialog.
You can also choose to display availability dates or the number of tickets available in the purchase page for each ticket class.
You can introduce dates in which this ticket class will be available, or set your ticket class to only become available after another is sold out (for example, to sell “Normal tickets” after “Early Bird”). These fields can be edited in the Availability section.
Note that you can set Visibility to “While Available” to hide ticket classes until they become available.
Paid ticket classes
Free tickets are exempt from this fee, but keep in mind that they also show a high no-show rate (40-60% is typical).