We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. This page explains what information we collect and why we collect it.
Information that we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you introduce in the platform manually. For example, you may enter your Twitter account or a user description on your user profile page.
- Information we get from your Authentication provider. When you log into the platform for the first time we get the following information from your authentication provider: OAuth id, Name, E-mail address, and Photo. We use this information to identify and contact you in case an event that you are attending or organizing is suffering changes.
- Logs. When you use our services, we automatically collect and store information in server logs, including:
- The pages that you visited.
- Your IP address.
- Some limited information provided by your browser such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information locally in your browser using HTML5 technologies to improve the web page performance.
You may configure your browser to block cookies from our website. However, many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you will not be able to log in if cookies are not enabled.
Information we do not have access to
Specifically, we do not get access to this information:
- Personal information from your OAuth provider other than specified above. We do not have access to your password, list of contacts on social networks, or activity on other websites. Koliseo does not gain permission to do actions on your behalf, other than to retrieve the information detailed above.
- Credit card information. When accepting payments, we delegate the process to a third-party payment processing gateway. During this process, Koliseo does not have access to your credit card details.
Sharing with third parties
We do not share personal information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. Some event organizers may ask to add their attendees to a communications list. In such a case, we require your opt-in consent during the ticket purchase process, specifying clearly what is the purpose for which the organizer is collecting your data.
- With our event organizers. We only share with event organizers the minimum information to be able to contact you for updates about events that you are attending to. We also display the gender of speakers to the event organizer to help them measure the diversity of their agenda. As a speaker, you can override this in your User Edit Page.
- Anonymized information. We track anonymized data about visits to our website. We may share parts of this anonymized information with event organizers.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information if reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law or legal process.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Protect against harm our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work to protect your data from unauthorized access:
- We encrypt our services using SSL.
- We delegate to secure third-party providers your user credentials, so that Koliseo does not have access to your username and password.
- We delegate the handling of your credit card details to secure, specialized third-party processing platforms.
- We store your data in a secure Cloud provider, which adds extra layers of physical and logical protection.
- All data is stored encrypted.