After creating ticket classes, this page explains how to start / stop ticket sales.
Enabling ticket sales
Once your event is ready, activate ticket sales to let users attend the event. To get started:
- Log into the system
- In the sidebar menu, select Events and click on the name of your event to open the event management page.
- Under Tickets, select Settings.
- Set Status to Enabled and click Save.
The Sales Settings form includes the following fields:
- Currency: The currency used for ticket classes and discounts.
- Max Tickets per Account: If set, the maximum number of tickets that can be purchased by a single user account.
- Hide ticket classes that are sold out: If set, ticket classes that are sold out will not show on the ticket purchase interface.
- Tickets Editable Until: Attendees can edit the data introduced with their tickets until the date set in this field, if any. For example, you may want to disable ticket edition after ordering catering, to stop attendees from changing their meal preference.
- Purchase Confirmation Message: If set, this is the confirmation email that an attendee will receive after a successful ticket purchase.
Koliseo delegates payment processing on Stripe, a secure online payment gateway. A Stripe Account is required if you plan to sell any paid tickets. You can select a connected Stripe Account, or add new accounts in the select box, then click Save.
For security reasons, Koliseo does not have access to the credit card details associated with your ticket purchase. The proceedings from ticket sales are deposited directly on your Stripe Account, minus the fee of the platform.
Starting in July 2019, Koliseo requires that all purchases follow the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) guidelines, which may require 3D Secure validation from your banking website.
Ticket Processing Fee
Koliseo charges a fixed service fee of 4% of the ticket price (in addition to the Stripe fee) for tickets that are not free.